Tired of paying too much on your Comcast Bill? We know a lot of you are because one of our biggest search terms to find this site is “How to cancel Comcast service.” In order to cancel your Comcast service, you have to get in contact with them. Of course they make it a pain to cancel, but this appears to be the only way.
Before you push the button and cancel Comcast, there are a couple of things that can make the whole process much easier. Just like you, thousands of visitors to this site have also cancelled Comcast and now you can benefit from their experiences- both good and bad.
(1) Make sure you have your latest Comcast bill handy and can easily quote your account/customer number and the name of your plan. preparation is the key.
(2) Check to make sure you’re contract has expired and you can cancel without penalty.
(3) Check the whereabouts and condition of any equipment (including cords and leads) and have packaging ready to keep everything together.Reasonable wear & tear should be OK.
(4) Satisfy yourself that you have the very best replacement service at the cheapest possible price. Now is your chance to get the best deal as new customers are treated like gold by service providers with deep discounts and attractive incentives being offered.
Visitors to this site have received great deals with savings in excess of $35.00 per month from Verizon Vios with Dish Networks and Direct TV also being popular for cable.
CLICK HERE to see the best deals and compare savings over Comcast. Take a few minutes to see all the Comcast alternative offers in one place with this easy to read COST COMPARISON CHART.
(5) Try to organize installation of your new service before cancelling Comcast to ensure continuity of service. It may be possible to ask Comcast to terminate your service on an agreed date but be aware that they usually require the return of their equipment before finalizing and closing your account. Most of our visitors experience difficulties in this area so be prepared to go without service for a few days.
(6) If you are like most of our visitors. you’re probably angry as hell with Comcast but try not to upset customer service to much and just get the job done. Some visitors to this website also report being offered attractive discounts to stay with Comcast, so be prepared.
There are a few different ways to go about contacting Comcast:
- Ask Comcast – You can enter your question into their online Q&A tool.
- Live Chat – Use Comcast Live Chat to speak with a representative via instant messaging chat
- Ask the Comcast Community – Try and find answers in the online forums
- Email Comcast - Just send an email
- Phone - Give them a call: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278).
Good luck with your search for a better service provider.